Tuesday, November 23, 2004
CNet Reviews Seven Search Toolbars
CNet has a comprehensive review of seven major search toolbars. The ratings:
- Google & Yahoo - 8.3 (out of 10) (tied) - Yahoo gets the Editor's Choice nod because of its antispyware features.
- A9 - 7.3 - loses points for not having special searches (news, stock market) and no pop-up blocker whitelist options.
- HotBot & Alta Vista - 7 (tied) - Few special searches or added features (plus HotBot loses points for having such a lousy index).
- MSN - 6.7 - New toobar coming out next month, as part of Desktop Search.
- Ask Jeeves - 6.3 - Has the most features, but not a very good piece of software, and puts an annoying frame around web pages it finds..